Friday, February 2, 2018

Waterloo Project Update - Mats, Buildings and Basing!

Major basing operations in this project have been completed :-)  I've added 21 infantry units, 12 cavalry units, 5 artillery batteries, 12 commanders, 9 limber teams, ambulance, field forge, staff, 60 casualties, and other odds and ends since September.  All done!

The mats arrived yesterday from the most excellent David Skibicki.  I immediately ran out back and deployed them on my deck to get a picture.  Then I jammed the whole dang thing in my garage!  I put the buildings out to see how everything sized up.  All in all it came out perfect!  All I really have to do is modify the entrance road/area to Hougoumont - which will not be hard at all.

I also got new French hit/morale markers in --- double sided with 1-10 on one side and 11-20 on the other ... whoot!  It is all coming together.

I'm shifting my focus over to the farms now.  I need to do the interior yards for all three.  I also need to cut the foam for the hills. 

The mats are just roughly assembled so I can get an idea of deployments and any minor modifications I have to do ... the detail layers are not done ... so these are WIP pictures ...

The mats assembled on my deck.

Papelotte.

Oooo ... ahhhh.

More work to do on the farms, gates, yards ...












A few hots of completed troops ...

D-Erlon's Corps

French heavy cavalry.

Some of the extras.

Light cavalry for Reille's Corps.

New double-sided markers for tracking
hits, 1-10 and 11-20.

Next I need to get the French and allied forces deployed in their positions.  The Dutch-Belgians are still getting based so I'll have to sub in some units for them for this setup (they'll be done for the convention).  Getting there.

35 comments:

  1. Two more weeks! two more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's huge! (Said the actress to the bishop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhhhhhhh
    Aaaawwwwww

    Looking sweet!
    😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic looking farms, troops and markers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning !!!! Crazy big gameboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meh

    LOL! Just kidding :)
    Have you started to contact some moving companies about helping to transport everything to the event yet? My gosh that's a lot of gaming goodness you have going on there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!! You crack me up. Transport ... ha ... might rent a Uhaul ... lol! Thanks Ivor!

      Delete
  7. Looking really good, can't wait to see the final coming together of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking sensational Jay. I am very much looking forward to seeing the game in action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If only I didn't have to pay Uncle Sam this year, I'd use my refund to fly out to participate, assuming of course I could also get permission from my boss (Wife;)).

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ... damn taxes! KublaCon in May is the best area convention if you ever do seriously consider heading out :-) I too am beholden to domestic management approvals :-)

      Delete
  10. Epic! I've got 40 ADC's painted and ready to go!

    Ths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ... you crack me up ... 40 ADC's ... crazy! :-)

      Delete
  11. A realistic, splendid and huge terrain, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And that reminded me of the question I was going to ask. Where were the entrances really? However, if you are doing a little modification. I believe the acrylic color you are looking for for roads was Lite Mocha and Antique White. Otherwise, it looks awesome with buildings on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've rotated it a bit. In reality the grounds of Hougoumont dwarfed the actual chataeu. The rear entrance and front door saw a lot of action. Thanks for the colours! Those are just from the hardware store or a specific paint line/manufacturer? Awesome work on these David!!

      Delete
    2. They were paints I bought at Walmart. I usually raid places for the same colors.

      Delete
  13. Oh, and my wife wanted to know how your are going to do the laundry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! She's not alone :-) Just a temporary setup ... break8ng it down today which will make domestic management happy :-)

      Delete
  14. Looks awesome already, and that's without the troops, hills, trees, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Magnifique! It's already jaw-dropping. Can't wait to see the finished board and troops in all their glory.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks fantastic!
    Lots of succes with the game!
    (BTW, I live around 60 km away from the real battlefield)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're lucky! I've been through Brussels a couple of times on my way to Antwerp but never got the day I needed to take a detour ... one of these days I'll get there though. :-)

      Delete