The mats arrived yesterday from the most excellent David Skibicki. I immediately ran out back and deployed them on my deck to get a picture. Then I jammed the whole dang thing in my garage! I put the buildings out to see how everything sized up. All in all it came out perfect! All I really have to do is modify the entrance road/area to Hougoumont - which will not be hard at all.
I also got new French hit/morale markers in --- double sided with 1-10 on one side and 11-20 on the other ... whoot! It is all coming together.
I'm shifting my focus over to the farms now. I need to do the interior yards for all three. I also need to cut the foam for the hills.
The mats are just roughly assembled so I can get an idea of deployments and any minor modifications I have to do ... the detail layers are not done ... so these are WIP pictures ...
|The mats assembled on my deck.|
|Oooo ... ahhhh.|
|More work to do on the farms, gates, yards ...|
A few hots of completed troops ...
|French heavy cavalry.|
|Some of the extras.|
|Light cavalry for Reille's Corps.|
|New double-sided markers for tracking|
hits, 1-10 and 11-20.
Next I need to get the French and allied forces deployed in their positions. The Dutch-Belgians are still getting based so I'll have to sub in some units for them for this setup (they'll be done for the convention). Getting there.