The past year has seen many games. Just a quick reflection of what I've done this past year ...
- Finished up my modern Iraq troops and terrain (including downtown Iraq and desert terrain). I played several games using this collection - both at home and at the local conventions.
- I had my first Wargames Illustrated article published (on Galleys, Guns and Glory!) ... quickly followed by another (on modern).
- I started and completed a lot of work for my modern Russia Resurgent project, including French and Russians. Canadians are ready to be completed now that I have all the vehicles and miniatures I need (I now have 4 x LAV III, 3 x Leopard 2, and 3 x G-Wagens to go with my infantry platoon from Full Battle Rattle miniatures).
- I started my LOTR Helm's Deep project - with a good jump into assembling the fortress and by acquiring all the miniatures I needed. I've also bought 5 x Mamuk's - for an "outside the gates of Minas Tirth" battle between Rohan and Harad.
- I bought and have finished several fleets for Firestorm Armada - and have played several games now.
- I continued work on my ACW collection - playing a few games, culminating in the recent Pickett's Charge game. I look to complete my ACW collection in 2017 and bring my 1st day of Gettysburg (with an impressive 28mm Seminary College model) and Little Round Top scenarios to life on the tabletop.
- I managed to play some great Napoleonic games throughout the year ... although I feel as though that is the part of my collection that has been neglected a bit this past year. We have more plans for Napoleonic's in 2017.
- I flushed out my rules for both ACW (This Hallowed Ground) and Napoleonic's (Empires at War).
- I created and shared my take on Modern Bolt Action - with updates coming early 2017 to account for v2.0.
- I dusted off my French and Indian War collection to play a few games of Musket's and Tomahawks.
- I played several games of Bolt Action WW2 - also completing my DAK army.
Of course, those are the "top of mind" games and projects --- there has certainly been several smaller things throughout the year.
So, more to come in 2017 - I hope you all stay tuned and follow along with the wargaming madness!