Friday, December 2, 2016

28mm (1/50th scale) Canadian Army LAV III

Just a quick post today ... the first 3D renders of the Canadian LAV III are in and I thought I would share them.  Still making some adjustments but the turret will be removable and the tires will be separate.  The model is 1/50th scale so that it matches up with my Empress Miniatures vehicles.

Once this is done I'll be uploading to Shapeways and getting 3 or 4 printed off (since the G-Wagen came out so good).  Then these, along with the G-Wagens and Leopard 2's will be off to the paint table.



Will have the Canadians deployed on the tabletop in no time :-)

11 comments:

  1. Very cool. Have you seen the new 30mm Strykers? Might a be a good add one for US forces in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not ... from Empress? I have US for the middle east, another of my friends has done US army for Europe ... he has 2 Empress Strykers.

      Delete
    2. Oh no. Sorry I meant the one that they are/will be fielding in Germany.
      https://tankandafvnews.com/tag/stryker-dragoon/

      http://breakingdefense.com/2016/10/army-rolls-out-upgunned-stryker-30m-autocannon-vs-russians/

      Delete
    3. Wow, a full turret ... impressive! Thanks, first I heard of it :-)

      Delete
    4. Yep and it's controlled from the same station inside the ball that the old 50cal was. They are also working on getting a version armed with Javelins.

      Delete
    5. The wondrs of modern military technology :-)

      Delete
    6. I might have to swallow the postal charges & go for a couple of these. Look too good to miss!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    Jay can you give us a shout at Empress as we have something you may be interested in : )

    Cheers,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete