Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Project: Siege of Vicksburg Update #2

Just a quick update today on my ACW Siege of Vicksburg scenario that I'm hard at work on for the upcoming convention season.  I scanned in an updated map of the battlefield and plan.  This time I needed to figure out more extra scaling/sizing of the various battlefield elements.

Siege of Vicksburg Map

For the field positions around Vicksburg I've decided to use the Gabions from Ironclad Miniatures (https://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/ourshop/cat_302099-Gabions-28mm.html).  I figured out using the map how many of each section I would need to complete the positions for Vicksburg and the Union artillery positions.

I have WW2 trenches from Ironclad that I used for my Pegasus Bridge game many years ago and their products are absolutely top notch.

90 Degree

45 degree

Ends
(50mm each or ~2")

Straight with Opening
(100mm or ~4")

Straight
(100mm or ~4")

Printing of the ACW buildings for the edge of Vicksburg is nearing completion.  I set out to print 11 buildings and the final building is printing now and after that there is just a couple of odds and ends to print for a couple of the other builds (e.g. stairs/veranda's).

These 11 buildings will add to my existing (finished) buildings to provide 14 buildings for the "edge of Vicksburg" and the host of civilians I have now to populate the town.

11'ish of my 3D Printed Buildings
(Printing in progress on #11)

I've started cleaning up these buildings, gluing them together and priming them to prepare for painting.  I have taken the US Thanksgiving week off to start into the painting of these buildings.

My ACW collection is expanding significantly as well with 20+ infantry units, tons of casualties, new battlefield extras (camps, HQ, wagons, field forge, etc.), picket lines (skirmishers), civilians, artillery, cavalry, and ironclads.  This is mark the end of my ACW collection - I will have everything I could possibly want for any scenario I'd ever want to do.  The collection will be in excess of 2,000 miniatures.

6 comments:

  1. "My ACW collection is expanding significantly as well with 20+ infantry units, tons of casualties, new battlefield extras (camps, HQ, wagons, field forge, etc.), picket lines (skirmishers), civilians, artillery, cavalry, and ironclads."

    Still no gatling guns for the siege of Petersburg? *shakes head* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWO
    THOUSAND
    MINIATURES
    😮😮😮😮😮
    I just have no words lol! But please know, you continue to be my hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, and that is small beans compared to my Napoleonics :-)

      Delete
  3. My word Jay, you don't do things by half and in 28mm as well. Keep them coming.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete