Saturday, June 25, 2022

Never Mind the Billhooks: Edward's Retinue

My initial retinue (battle) for my Never Mind the Billhooks armies is done.  Well, mostly sonce I've decided I need to add a block of 12 x Pike and 6 x Skirmishers.  Really happy with how these guys turned out.

This is Edward IV's battle (red/blue), supported by troops from Stafford (black/red).  I have both mounted and dismounted command stands for Edward IV.  I need to finish Stafford's command stand.

Pictures below of the troops finished so far ...


I went back and forth on how I wanted to base them.  I settled on using 100mm x 50mm for the infantry (12 figures) and cavalry (4 figures).  Artillery is on a 50mm x 75mm base and commanders are on a 50mm x 50mm base.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! This is a period I've wanted to do for years.

      Delete
  2. You have done a bloody nice job on these figures - Perry plastics I assume? (Command may well be metal "specials" of course....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, Perry plastics ... except for the gun and Edward.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous units Jay, splendid retinue!😍👌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out really well. Love that gun, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! So many good things here, Jay. Loving all the color and the badges make it all stand out. These are superb; you should be justly proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done indeed. I see you went with the badges after all! :-)

    ReplyDelete