Monday, April 24, 2023

Gondor Ruins

I continue to prepare for my War of the Ring games I'll be running at KublaCon at the end of May.  I plan to run a game called Men of the West, in which I'll be putting the bulk of my collection out on a large table.  This is essentially everything I have done minus Isengard.  I'll also be running my Fords of Isen game, so Isengard will see the tabletop over that weekend.

For the Men of the West scenario, I'll be keeping the table mostly open due to the sheer number of miniatures that will be on the table (around 2,500 figures by my rough estimate).  I plan to use some ruins from the excellent Arkenfel 3D printed range for this.

I finished painting these up over the last week or so.  3D prints can only look so good ... these are ok ... but they'll do the trick once I have some loose rubble and foiliage out with them on the table.

I have several of the buildings from this range that I will use for an Osgiliath scenario in the future.

10 comments:

  1. I like these a lot, I've gotta get myself a printer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ray - I got out of the printing business --- I got these done for me on Etsy :-) I recommend this guy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Panhandle3d --- but several people on Etsy print the "Arkenfel" buildings. Just search for Arkenfel and you'll see them pop up.

      Delete
  2. I'd use that terrain in a heartbeat. Speaking of heartbeat's, when you said, "oh around 2,500 figures.." I spit out the cereal I was eating and swear my heart skipped a couple of beats. Dude, I may have 2,500 figures lying around and maybe 250 painted.

    I need to go to therapy now, thanks Jay:(

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Too funny! I need to do a little photo shoot with all the LOTR stuff out ... getting close to that point. Just need to clear off the table from the last game still ... one day!

      Delete
  3. That’s some nice terrain. Very Gondor ish. My lotr terrain is all made from Hirst Arts blocks which look great (naturally I say so) but are super laborious to do.
    Sounds like a whooper of a lotr game. Good luck! I’ll be missing Kublacon but I look forward to seeing your eventual report and pics. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the Hirst Arts stuff is very nice!! I have several of those molds. Sorry to hear we'll miss you at Kubla. Hopefully we'll see you at PacifiCon! Report and pics for sure :-)

      Delete
  4. The terrain looks great! It is very tempting to get a 3D printer to make some terrain myself!

    Best wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So much available as 3D prints these days ... I do miss resin terrain ... it paints up so much better and nicer, but the 3D printed stuff can look good if printed with fine layers.

      Delete