Friday, October 6, 2023

Some New Units for Borodini and ACW

Finally getting some hobby time and new units finished.

I've decided to run a Borodino game at DundraCon in February.  I'm planning to run a play test of the scenario in November.  This is the push I needed to finish up some odds and ends.

First up is so.e Russian Jager skirmish bases.


Two iconic units that are a must have for Borodino is the Zastrow Cuirassiers and Saxon Guarde du Corps.  Below you can see the Zastrow Cuirassiers.  These are 28mm figures from Eureka.



Also from Eureka, Saxon Guarde du Corps.



Added a new Confederate artillery battery I need for an upcoming ACW game I'm hosting.  These are 1st Corps miniatures.  Lots of character in the poses.



I'll be hosting an ACW game next weekend using Pickett's Charge rules.  Playing the Bloody Lane scenario from the back of the rulebook.  Stay tuned for pictures from that game.  

Close on after that I'll be looking to host my play test for my Borodino game.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely eye candy sir. I wish you success on your project. I sadly have had my projects put on hold to paint Soviet bolt action for a friend. But at least I am painting.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting for a friend ... well bey, at least it is Bolt Action so can't be 800 figures :-)

      Delete
    2. Haha, a very good point sir!

      Delete
    3. You are doing "the lords work" painting for others ... lol :-) I could never do that (maybe just one of the many reasons I would burst into flames near holy water).

      Delete
  2. Wonderful looking units Jay- all very fetching indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of those cav units ... iconic for Borodino.

      Delete
  3. There's not only superb painting here, Jay, but the basing, with not only texture, but the flora and grasses as well, is excellent! If you ever tire of toy soldiers you could do floral arrangements, lol!

    ReplyDelete