Saturday, July 30, 2016

Russia Resurgent Project Update #2

Few updates to share today.  First up ...

Russian Vehicles

The Russian vehicles are essentially done ... I have a few small details to do (white numbers, some radio whips) but they are operational at this point.  Pictures below.  I didn't take pictures of every tank and IFV as there is little difference between them ... so I just picked one and took pictures.  As you can see below the entire Russian force has filled out nicely.

This is the complete Russian force.

BMP-3

BMP-3

BTR-80

BTR-80

BTR-80A

BTR-80A

T-80

T-80

T-90

T-90

ZSU-23-4

ZSU-23-4

French

The vehicles are finally assembled.  Lots of parts and a lot of work to get all nine vehicles assembled.  The French infantry are back from Steve Dake and I'm in the process of basing them now.  Couple of "not so good" pictures below ...

French vehicles are finally assembled!

WIP basing the French infantry --- I'll take better pictures
when I'm finished.

Canadians

With the Russians essentially done and the French nearing completion, I'll be looking to spend more time on my Canadians.  That being said, I have made some progress.  First, I submitted my pre-order for the Canadian infantry models from Full Battle Rattle Miniatures.  I think they are supposed to ship near the end of August, so not too far away.

I used my "3D" guy to build out a 3D model for a Canadian G-Wagen in 1:50th scale.  I then uploaded the file to Shapeways and got it printed off.  I'm happy to say that was a resounding success.  I'm pleased with the outcome and have ordered an additional two vehicles (they are ~$30.00 each).

You can access the model on Shapeways here.

Pictures below of the 3D model (with Leopard 2A6 from Empress Miniatures for comparison).

1:50th scale Canadian Army G-Wagen

1:50th scale Canadian Army G-Wagen

1:50th scale Canadian Army G-Wagen next
to Empress Miniatures Leopard 2A6.

Other Odds & Ends

Ok, so not specific to my Russia Resurgent project, but neat nonetheless.  When I had Steve Dake do my French I also sent him some odds and ends for my Operation Iraqi Freedom collection.  I've now added some scenario figures (western VIP, middle east VIP, bodyguards, hostages, and a news crew/embedded reporters), some additional RPGs (needed more for my cells), and a sniper figure.

Scenario miniatures and other odds and ends.

So progress continues.  I'm on track with my PacifiCon plans (September game convention) to run a modern game with Russians and French.  Stay tuned, lots more to come ...

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Your making great progress. Stuff is looking good.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah baby! That is some sexy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, more to come ... thank god for 3D printing :-)

      Delete
  3. Wowzer. That's flying out quicker than a Russian tank production factory!
    Love the G wagon. How would the mere mortals get hold of something like that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me at sotek486@yahoo.com ... I can have it printed and direct shipped to you.

      Delete