Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game (SBG) Reference Sheet

Sharing means caring - a quick update today.

Shockingly (given how long this game has been out) I have been unable to find a single decent QRS for LOTR SBG.  For my Charge of the Mumaks game I had to do one up as without a good one the rules are spread all over the place which really grinds down the pace of the game.  This only gets worse with more "powerful" characters in the game.  The QRS really helps keep things on track and for new players explains much of the abilities of the characters they have in their force.

You can download the QRS from here (also in the downloads section to the right).

UPDATED 2/21/2018 - now includes additions covering magical powers, weapons and wargear.

I don't have the special rules or casting magical spells covered yet, but I will add that in a future revision.  Images below of the pages.








Hope this helps other LOTR SBG players out there.

17 comments:

  1. Amazing reference sheet for all Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game players around! Thanks for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t know how I missed this when posted. But thanks for the great QRS. I have my first game of SBG this weekend and this saves me the effort of making one myself. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay, just wanted to say thanks for this.
    We've had a few players join our group of late and this has been a great resource to point them towards to help them learn the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty good, only change I would make is saying which weapon each special strike uses. But that's another gripe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of the ME-SBG rules! Just getting back into this skirmish game and these are the best QRS yet!

    One minor request ~ Any chance of a copy without the (coloured) background? .:. Thanks, Walts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9yt26jqh6wdg6r/lotr_sbg_reference_v1.3_nobackground.pdf?dl=0

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mr. White, I haven't even started and already I getting everything ready. Terrain and reference sheets while patiently awaiting delivery in South Africa ;)

      Delete
  6. Thanks Jay, fantastic resource. using these reference sheets to teach myself and 3 others

    ReplyDelete
  7. There used to be a Reference Sheet for earlier SBG editions, so thank you for creating one for this edition

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome stuff, seven pages is much easier to handle than 200+. I can finally introduce some more casual players to the game with ease. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete