Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Star Wars Bolt Action v2.0 - Playsheet and Army Lists

I've completed a MAJOR overhaul and revision of the Bolt Action Star Wars rules (and army list - scroll down for the army list info/download).  The includes all new rules and a dedicated section on Force Powers and Users.  You can download the Star Wars Bolt Action playsheet here.

NOTE:  A special thanks to Dan Kerrick for setting our group down the path of playing Star Wars and for his initial revision of the rules.  These rules have been posted for the enjoyment of the wargaming community.  I use these rules primarily for the group I play with and to run my Star Wars games at conventions.  While I'm happy to hear feedback and I do update the rules periodically, I have no specific commitment to supporting the rules beyond "as time permits."  Additionally, I have no affiliation or connection to Warlord Games.







I've completed the army lists for this as well.  This primary is focused on the models available from the Star Wars Legion line along with specific additional models we've used for our scenarios.  Preview pictures of the army list are below.  You can download the army list here.





There you go - love it or hate it ... up to you :-)

27 comments:

  1. Wow, just meed the time to give this a go! Great job Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crushing that I'm not able to leave GiF's in the comments 😃
    So we'll do this instead https://youtu.be/TjcOJmoJwpk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work, thx for sharing! ,-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooooootttttttttttttttttt!!!!

    Who's the man, you the man!!!

    Thank you Jay-man!!!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo,
    Great job!
    How do you calculate point costs for the units?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      I don't play in tournaments and have not included point costs in the army lists. I don't believe in point costs for a number of reasons (see here: https://jayswargamingmadness.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-few-words-on-building-scenarios.html). That being said, you could certainly take a crack at adding points if you wanted to.

      Delete
  6. Mate, Absolutely fantastic work. I may now have my mojo back to get my Star Wars Legion collection and built painted. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should contact Warlord Jay, I am sure they would be impressed with what you have done and they may provide a link on their site to your blog.
    May the force be with you,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! I have spoken with yhem in the past. They are not very keen on my work ;-) All I really got was "don't use our logo" ...

      Delete
  8. This is awesome, thanks for doing this and sharing it.

    One question, in the section titled "Using Force Powers" it references something called a "Hold order". What is that?

    I'll check back here .. or you can email me at allen@gcmini.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First page, in BA there are 6 basic Orders you can give a unit: Hold, Advance, Run, Rally, Ambush, or Down.

      Delete
    2. Very strange ,,, my rule books and all my order dice say "Fire, Advance, Run, Ambush, Rally, and Down"

      What is a Hold order?

      Delete
    3. Oh crap. Lol,I got it mixed up with my orders for ACW/Napoleonics ... d'oh ... off to fix it ...

      Delete
    4. Ok fixed. That should have said Fire order you can use 2 force powers, on an Advance 1. Fixed if you redownload v2.0a.

      Delete
  9. :)

    Thanks for all the work you did on this. I'm going to really enjoy playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today I was looking at my hundreds of my old WoTC minis and was thinking how cool it wound be to play BA with them. This is awesome. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DO you planned to adapt also with clone wars edition ? May be I will watch this forward to adapt the army list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at the moment (I don't have any of it) ... one of our group does have CW stuff though, and he may add those units.

      Delete
  12. Hello Jay! Thanks for your hard work, I hope to put these rules into action soon! I was curious about an equipment entry for the rebel commandos and empire scout troopers; each has an entry with explosive charges, but I cannot find anything that explains what the charges do in further detail. Did I miss the rules for those somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, honestly overlooked that. It was mean for scenario specific rules where a bunker/building needed to be breached. You'd need to use this squad to breech the target/objective.

      Delete
  13. Just discovered this, amazing any more development at all, for clone wars or additional units like ewoks

    ReplyDelete