Monday, September 2, 2019

Star Wars Hoth

I'll be doing a small separate post for the general report about PacifiCon this year but I wanted to peel off the Hoth stuff separately.  I'll be posting more about the scenario, army lists, etc. in a follow up scenario post and update to the Star Wars Bolt Action rules.

I've been messing around with different settings on my phone camera to get better pictures - so you'll see some different results in the pictures below ... by the end I think I found the settings I like the most and will use that moving forward.  Unfortunately I damaged the remote shutter release on my SLR (again!) and couldn't do close up exposures which I really wanted to do ...

Anyways, for this post it is just pictures from the two games I ran (Friday morning play test game and the main event on Saturday morning).

Lot's more to come on this ... just eye candy for today ...

Game 1 pictures below ...




















































Game 2 pictures below ...



























Han Solo and Chewbacca with a Commando squad
was a special deployment option for the Rebels











Messing around ... stuck Luke out there ...


14 comments:

  1. That is just amazing on so many different levels 😃
    We all stand before YOUR achievement lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks Ivor! Nice reference! So I guess Tarkin will let the Emperor know that the project he spoke of so many years ago has been a success :-)

      Delete
  2. Sir you are a god in my eyes! Just bloody awesome. Your stuff could be used in a Lucas studio... wait I forgot the devil owns those rights now. But really you could use that stuff to film stop motion stuff with ease.

    cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin! lol, yeah ... we'll see what Disney does with the one off films. I really enjoyed Rogue One ... Solo was only ok ... looking forward to Rise of Skywalker.

      Delete
  3. Atmospheric (brrrr!) and superb, must have been a great moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! We played Endor right after to warm up :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow that's amazing, most impressive Hoth game I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks simply amazing - what a smashing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, could you share the scenario content? Planning to play scenario driven Hoth too! teemu . kujala at kolumbus . fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me at sotek486@yahoo.com and I can send you the info/files.

      Delete
    2. got a delayed notification on my email... my email is in my message above

      Delete
    3. I see it now. Ok, will send you some files and info.

      Delete