Monday, February 3, 2020

Project: Siege of Vicksburg Update #10

The Confederate artillery is done!  I have also done up an extra signaler and flag pole.  The final two siege batteries are pictured below ...


The gabion sections for each battery are done, now to finish all the sections for the rest of the Confederate positions.  Each of the 5 siege batteries are pictured below.  

Note that I have brown sand to sprinkle over these positions and batteries to blend in with the table ...

I've also finished all the gabion sections now.




At this point I primarily have two things left to do:

1.  Assemble the dock.
2.  Cut foam for river bank and shape the 3rd fur mat to it. I'll be using the same sand to create the river bank between the fur mat edge and the water mat.
3.  Finish the bases of the new units.

Then it is just a matter of playing the game.  Stay on target!

11 comments:

  1. This whole project is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark --- I'm looking forward to getting the detail layer into the tabletop ... soon :-)

      Delete
  2. Great to see those massive guns in situ, looking brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid sir! I have yet to paint a miniature since December I have been so busy with other stuff, so I am living vicariously through your project... outstanding!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, tis a busy year so far ... gotta big work thing this week so basing progress will be slowed ... but got the weekend and most of next week to wrap everything up. Get you those brushes Kevin! :-)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely incredible my friend! Finally back on line after what feels like forever. I won't spam all of your past posts with my usual gushings, I'll just do it here lol! But do know I've gone back through all the updates on this project and it is simply amazing (that balloon!!!).
    Can't wait to see all the photos from the game 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, welcome back to the world of the internets! Great to see you are back online and with your toys ... looking forward to some humorous Ivor updates :-) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Just awesome! Those big guns are breathtaking

    ReplyDelete