Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Epic History TV - Napoleonic Wars

Sharing this as an excellent resource that is free on YouTube.  Looking for some great wargaming related things to watch while we are all hunkered down?

Epic History TV has an very well produced series of videos covering key battles throughout the Napoleonic Wars.

You can access the full set of videos here.

Some of the key videos I recommend:

These are very "digestible" documentaries, not running on and on for hours.  Most are roughly 20 minutes or less.  The maps displayed are beautifully detailed and more importantly are animated to show troops/formation movements and key events!

Even if you are not all the interested in Napoleonic's, the channel covers many other periods with the same format.  Highly recommended!

I also highly recommend watching the War and Peace (2016) mini-series by BBC that is available on Amazon here.  Excellent actors and a telling of the classic story that I very much enjoy.  Of course the original movie is also still excellent to watch as well!

8 comments:

  1. Great find Jay. I'll be checking them out shortly. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure check these out, always looking for something to listen to while I paint.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finished with all the Napoleonic videos ... moving on to the other periods now :-)

      Delete
    2. I just watched Toulon, it was very good quality, I enjoyed it.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
    3. That was a great one ... bayonet in the leg!

      Delete