Friday, September 25, 2020

LOTR: Saruman and Dol Amroth

The LOTR collection continues to expand with some purchases from Ebay. This painter I've bought from before and he does excellent work.

First up is the new set for Saruman and Grima.  Love the Palantír with the eye of Sauron in it.  I already painted up Lurtz for Isengard - with this addition there really isn't anything else I need in the way of heroes.  There are some minor heroes I have that are being sent off with the stuff going to Steve Dake - but they will be in the unit command stands.






I also picked up a great Knights of Dol Amroth force from the same guy.  This is one of the few items I don't have in my collection today (painted or unpainted) and aligns perfectly with my new organization/unit system.

This gives me either 2 small cavalry units (6) or 1 standard size cavalry unit (12).  For the foot knights I get 1 small infantry unit (12).  Then to top it off is the mounted/foot Prince Imrahil to lead the force.












I will of course be popping all these figures on clear multi-figure bases once they arrive.

8 comments:

  1. Some great purchases there Jay, you've a very impressive LoTR collection - looking forward to the battles. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, clearly I have more money than time (thank god) ... can't wait to get playing :-)

      Delete
  2. Some great additions to your forces, looking forward to seeing them on the table.
    Cheers
    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have the Minas Tirith Knights done so these fill out the force nicely :-) Thanks Stuart!

      Delete
  3. Dang! This guy's more than good! You try and try harder, but like Pat Garrett told Billy, "There's always somebody faster, kid.. "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - yeah, he does great work - but so do you! And I don't know anyone that can produce high quality at high volume like the unbeatable Steve Dake :-)

      Delete
  4. The Dol Amaroth troops are lovely!

    ReplyDelete