Thursday, October 13, 2022

Fistful of Lead

Don't get me wrong here, I love Dead Man's Hand.  It's great for some 1v1 action in the old west.  However, I do run a lot of multiplayer games both at home with the group and at conventions (in fact, it is rare that I get to play a 1v1 game of anything).  To that end, I recently played a pirates game that was based on using the Fistful of Lead rules from Wiley Games.


The rules worked really well for the game (which had 4 players).  To that end, I'm planning to use these rules at the upcoming Conquest Sacramento game convention in early November.  While the book does have a QRS, it wasn't detailed enough for me so I created my own.

Sharing is caring, so here you go - my Fistful of Lead QRS.  You can download it from here.

Preview pictures of the pages below.  This one was easy - just a single page, double-sided (A4).



Note that weapon ranges, etc. are all put on the individual cards for each model in the game. These rules are great for running about 5-7 models per player IMO, but of course could easily work with more models than that if you have fewer players.

10 comments:

  1. Although our Old West project has stalled, when we get back to it I am going to suggest these rules as per your recommendation as I expect most games will involve 3-4 players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Yeah, I really enjoyed the game I played.

      Delete
  2. Conquest sac is up in my neck of the woods; if ya end up coming I’ll be there on Sat and Sun running games of Hail Caesar. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh excellent. Yup, I'll be there Friday evening through Sunday. Will find your games.

      Delete
  3. Interesting stuff Jay and thanks for sharing your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series of games. Their Core Rules can be used for any time period. They've become my go to from French and Indian War to WW2 and modern insurgencies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay, thanks for sharing your QRS! Very neat. I love the rules and I love that you can keep a dozen guys entertained with just a handful of figures. The card driven activation really helps keep the players engaged while waiting for their turn

    ReplyDelete
  6. FfoL from Wiley Games is a solid set of miniatures agnostic rules allowing for that Hollywood gaming feel providing offerings across many genre. Rules are easy to mashup between books and well supported. Plenty of YouTube videos available on AAR events and rules mechanics. The Jaye 'The Baron' Wiley, Robin 'The Baroness' and the Basement Generals are expanding gaming in the Midwest with their March to Victory convention. They just released an expansion to their Galactic Heroes rules for Grim Dark. Check out their website, blog and YouTube videos!

    ReplyDelete