Sunday, February 4, 2024

Warhammer The Old World

It's a slippery slope and just like Arnold in the Predator movie, I've slipped down the equivalent of a waterslide slathered with mud, only to be then uncerimoniously ejected out off a cliff into a lake at high speed.


I'm really positive on the rules for Warhammer the Old World.  I have ZERO desire to play in tournaments or anything like that, but I do love the lore and have fond memories of mega battles and big games with good friends.

To that end I've got plans that are quickly coming to fruition.  My first armies, that are well at hand, are 2000 point armies for the Empire, Dwarf Mountain Holds, Orcs (no Goblins), and Night Goblins (no Orcs).  The Orc and Goblin army combines for an impressive 4000 point army.  My Night Goblins and Dwarves are 99% painted.  The Empire is about 60% painted, and the Orcs are about 25% done.

Below are the first units I've finished basing.

Several additional units are in the basing process.  I should be playing my first games hopefully in about a month or so.

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done ….as a non orc/goblin player I hate squigs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I can see that. They are fun to play with :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice work! Are those plastic trolls on 50mm bases, or a larger size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trolls for some inexplicable reason stayed on 40mm x 40mm bases in the new rules. They should have been put on 50mm bases IMO ... I keep thinking it must be a typo in the army list.

      Delete