Sunday, May 8, 2016

28mm Desert Afrika Korps

These vehicles have been finished for ... well ... over a year and a half ... just getting around to posting pictures up now.  The crew are painted by Artmaster Studio.  I have to paint a mortar and MMG to finish the ground troops and then I'll post pictures of those.

I have a boatload of Desert Rats and SAS/LRDG to get done before I can start playing North Africa - but at least all the terrain is done because of my modern Iraq games.  I would also like to do a SAS/LRDG raid scenario on a small German airfield ... I have everything I need to do that (even awesome planes) ... just need time to get it all done ... alas, time - the enemy of every wargamer!

Everything is Perry Miniatures and Blitzkrieg (which Perry distributes).

Anywho, on to the pictures ...

Panzer III's

Panzer III's

Rommel in his SdKfz 250 half-track.

Rommel in his SdKfz 250 half-track.

Rommel in his SdKfz 250 half-track.

Rommel in his SdKfz 250 half-track.

Two sections mounted in Opel Blitz trucks.

Two sections mounted in Opel Blitz trucks.

Each seated section is two sides glued to a strip.

Opel Blitz truck.

Reconnaissance Kubelwagon.

Reconnaissance motorcycles.

6 comments:

  1. Superb stuff! What a paint job! You're going to need a big table though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I particularly love Rommel's iconic "Griffin". A personal tribute to Peter Griffin, your personal role model? :-P

    It's all top-shelf but the recon unit is my personal fave.

    ReplyDelete