Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Bolt Action WW2 Wargame Live Stream - Sunday, September 24th

Don't live in Fremont, California?  What to game with us?  Wondering what kind of nonsense happens during our game days?  No problem - come and join us online!

One of our crew is about to become a father (very likely this week ... heck, it could be this evening) - Mr. Dan Kerrick.  We are all rooting for a fast and easy delivery for his poor wife (she has to put up with him more than we do - lol) - poor Dan will miss this Sundays WW2 game that I am hosting.


Dan suggested that a live stream would be interesting and useful for him since he'd be stuck at home with a new born baby.  After all the laughter died down I realized he was serious!  So, what the heck ... at least one person will watch?  Maybe?


Now, I do have excellent equipment for live streaming --- full 1080p HD widescreen webcam at 30fps over USB 3.0 and a Yeti microphone for excellent sound pickup.  For better or worse I'm going to do it this Sunday via YouTube.

If you are absolutely bored or trying to fall asleep, tune in at 11am Pacific time on Sunday, September 24th and I'll be live streaming our WW2 Bolt Action game via YouTube (specifically I'll use my YouTube channel GameTime).

You can access the Live Stream here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi4M2ezf8nbLB77dT9uh9mQ/live

Note that while comments will be enabled, I'll be playing the game and only periodically checking on the comments.

If you plan on checking it out - leave a comment - I'm curious to see if it is just Dan or if anyone else joins to watch.

8 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I will absolutely be tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... well then ... we'll have two :-) You can laugh at us and make fun of us doing stupid things during the game. I'll be calling out the results of dice rolls and what is happening as we play along so that you are just staring at the table wondering what the heck is going on. Also, the audio mic is actually really good and picks up everything ... maybe too much ... hhahaha

      Delete
    2. Not just staring at the table ... ugh

      Delete
  2. If the Lions are getting their asses handed to them by the Falcons by that time, I'll probably tune in, but if a close game, it will be me yelling at the TV!

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGH! Scout Camporee this weekend, my only saving grace is I am East Coast, so I will catch some of the game hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So games can help you build up muscle memory and mind memory. If you can store items in game you have to remember where you put it, or if you need a recipe to make something you might remember the recipe, or maybe you remember a detail about something important, or maybe you remember the way through a maze or the way home. Some games are even built just to help improve your memory or the only way to keep progressing is remembering certain facts. My mom can type without looking at the keyboard but struggles with trying to walk in games. my top games

    ReplyDelete