Saturday, September 23, 2017

Bolt Action - Push On Caen Live Stream Preview

Hey everyone!  Not a long post today - but lots of pictures for you ...

I finished setting up the table for tomorrow's "live stream" game - the scenario is called Push On Caen and will see British/Canadians pushing against the Germans on the outskirts of the city.

I decided to take some morning pictures with the sun shinning here.  The first picture is the basic table before setup.  I used O scale railroad track with real wood ties and poured large grain sand over it - not perfect but for temporary tracks it will do the trick.

I know Dan will be on the live stream tomorrow - and perhaps the incredible Ivor Evans -- so my current target audience is 2 - and if we get that I'll count it a success - ha!  Feel free to drop in and check it out - we kick off at 11AM Pacific time tomorrow, Sunday, September 24th.  You can access the live stream here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi4M2ezf8nbLB77dT9uh9mQ/live

In the mean time - enjoy some preview pictures below ...
































23 comments:

  1. Looks great! I have a notification set for when you go live 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful table. Does your painted fur tabletop stiffen - it looks not. Mine was sprayed and got quite stiff - only heavier bases settle into the grass - others tend to balance on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very soft ... I have to fluff it up sometimes (lol ... that doesn't sound right) ...

      Delete
  3. That is indeed a stunning table Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sunny pictures of a gorgeous terrain...superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work,
    and these landscapes...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that was awesome. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ended up missing the live action. Those Lion's of mine took it down to 8 seconds and beat the Falcons only to have the TD overturned by review and a 10 second run off that ended the game. Just made me want to throw up.

    So how did the Live go? Get some people to watch besides your friend? I so would have been there and by the pictures above sorry I missed it.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... that makes for a rough game! Live stream went really well ... had up to 10 viewers at one point ... 58 unique viewers dropped in throughout the broadcast (didn't expect most to stay on for 6.5 hours). Got the two I expected - Dan and Ivor. Calling it a success FWIW ... lol! Gotta edit the video but will post it up this week.

      Delete
    2. Wow! That sounds great. I look forward to the edited one, maybe your new calling, Patron Page! ;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
    3. lol ... I dunno ... really did it just for Dan ... we'll see ... perhaps more in the future :-)

      Delete
  8. The photographs are as impressive as the miniatures and the terrain. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete