Tuesday, January 19, 2021

AWI Collection: Dress the Ranks!

This evening I took stock of my AWI collection.

I started planning this project last February but actual worked commenced in March of 2020.  Counting the planning this project started from nothing just under 1 year ago.

British (and Native Allies)

Here is the overview shot of my British collection with native allies.


Forces include:
  • 11 regiments of foot (including Highlanders, Marines, etc.)
  • 1 Grenadier command stand (for combining the Grenadier companies from the above units)
  • 2 units of Light Infantry
  • 1 Artillery battery of 2 guns.
  • 1 Artillery battery of 3 guns.
  • 3 Generals
  • 2 Native allied units
  • 1 Native chief
  • 1 Legion cavalry unit (mounted and dismounted)

I'll be adding a unit of 16th Light Dragoons (mounted and dismounted) and a unit of Queen's American Rangers.

Some closer shots of some units ...




Hessians and Brunswick Units

Here you can see my collection of (mostly) Hessians with some Brunswick units.


Forces include:
  • 3 x Generals
  • 1 x Jagers
  • 1 x Artillery Battery
  • 1 x Grenadier Regiment (I'll add 2 more in the future)
  • 2 x Fusilier Regiments
  • 5 x Musketeer Regiments
A couple of closer pics of some units that haven't been seen on the table yet ...



Even though I'll add a couple more Grenadier units in the future (no rush), I think this is a great force that will allow me to do a wide range of scenarios.

Americans

Lastly, but not least, here is my American collection.


Forces include:
  • 3 x Generals
  • 2 x Riflemen
  • 1 x Lee's Legion skirmishers
  • 1st Continental Light Dragoons
  • 2 x Artillery Batteries
  • 13 x Continental units
  • 12 x Militia Units
A couple of closer pics of some units ...




That's everything done and based.

33 comments:

  1. So many beautiful units...Superb, truly superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!
    Did you use Continental arms for your British regulars with the shouldered musket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes sir, I dislike the trail arms and advancing arms so I took arms from American boxes to do shouldered muskets.

      Delete
  3. A wonderful collection! How many miniatures are there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did a quick count and got 1500+ miniatures.

      Delete
    2. Actually, did added it all up ... 1375 is the current total.

      Delete
  4. A splendid parade Jay...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't recall seeing the Indians before they look sweet. The photos with the Germans in line had me making drum noises out loud with those sweet marching poses. I think I saw Mel Gibson in there too somewhere;)

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, too funny! The natives are from my French and Indian War stuff ... rebased for AWI from individual bases.

      Delete
  6. So skirmish games, six to ten models per side, any kind of interest in that sort of thing lol 🤣
    Joking aside, incredibly impressive, especially that first photo. So are they all stored in plastic tubs (in the White museum vault 😀)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!! Aren't skirmish games like 200-300 models per side? ;-) bahahah. Oh man. I use the uber awesome Really Useful Box clear bins ... 27 litre for troops. That reminds me ... I should take a couple of pictures and show it ... very handy.

      Delete
  7. Very impressive collection put together 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive- now time to play!! ( so I can read your BATREPs!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah - just waiting for my river to show up and I'm going to do Brandywine Creek :-)

      Delete
  9. That's a very impressive collection Jay!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking armies. You must be rightly very pleased to see them all laid out.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly nice to see them all on display ... even better that they are all done :-) Thanks James!

      Delete
  11. A year late commenting as I just your site. But I must say you have a excellent collection.

    ReplyDelete