Back and back to work! PacifiCon was a good time this year. I ran two games for Order and Fury - which turned out great. I ran two games for Ork Killrig (Orklands Refueled). And I got to play in several games which as a grand time.
Order and Fury
In case you missed it, I created a new set of rules to use with my Caesarian Roman collection. I have a good sized Roman and Gallic army. I hosted two games, each using 4 divisions per side (about 20 units per side) with 8 players total. The first game resolved in 5 turns in about 2.5 hours and the second game resolved in 5 turns in about 2 hours (several from the first game played the second game). I'm really happy with that result. Only a few very minor things came up which I've already updated in the rules.
Pictures below of the action ...
Phone pictures of the game ...
Orklands Refueled: Killrig
This was a fun romp. Orklands is a "dumbed down" version of Gaslands (simplified weapons and special rules, with more durable vehicles). This game pits players against a GM controlled convoy of battle wagons attempting to get off the far end of the table. It is co-op-atition - you get victory points for destroying parts of the battle wagons, but also for destroying your fellow Ork enthusiasts. I have a large ravine in the middle of the table that Orks can attempt to jump over. Fun times.
Oliver Heckman's Games
Oliver Heckman put on two games. First was his Isengard game. I got to play Treebeard and had a good time crushing orcs and destroying buildings before blocking one of the exits to Orthanc. Fun and fast game that has been beautifully produced.
Oliver also ran this game which is "atomic age Mars raygun" themed. While the rules are commercial, Oliver made several changes to the rules. Another very beautiful game with lots of details ...
A Time Of Crisis
An "upsized" and highly customized version of the GMT boardgame "A Time of Crisis" was on hand at the convention. Our group got to play a game. I finally won a game this weekend on this one! Yay! I played as the blue faction and created a pretender empire in the west (Hispania, Gallia, Africa). The attention to detail on this customization of the game was stunning. Pictures don't do it justice.
Maladum
Roy run a Maladum game for our group. Another fun trip to a dungeon and many bad guys popped in for a nice pleasant conversation. Right? Right. Definitely not a panicked run to the exit after getting the "job" done.
That's it folks! I'll be off to Sweden in late October to play games with Adam Clark, then it will be KublaCon Fall in early November - so lot's to come before the end of the year.






















































No comments:
Post a Comment