Tuesday, December 8, 2015

28mm Iraqi Army and Insurgents

Below are pictures of my Iraqi Army (or Republican Guard) units and insurgents I use for my modern wargames.  I generally label the insurgents as Saddam Fedayeen, but of course as the war progressed there was a ton of different militias, foreign fighters and para-military groups involved throughout the fighting in Iraq.

I did the basing myself, but I've had these guys contracted out for the painting while I had to attend to work travel these past few months.

I have a basing standard that I use for my Bolt Action forces:

  • Leaders/officers use a 40mm round base.
  • Regular figures are on a 25mm round base.
  • 2 figure teams are on a 40mm round base (sometimes I have to use a 50mm round base if they are laying down and just to long for the 40mm base).
  • 3 figure teams are on a 60mm round base (sometimes I use square bases if the weapon is long - such as with the insurgent recoilless rifle you'll see below).
  • AT guns and similar are on a custom base.

Iraqi Army (or Republican Guard)

These figures are from Eureka Miniatures line of Russians in Afghanistan.  They are the closest models in 28mm I've been able to find that look the part and I'm very happy with the results.

Figures painted by:  Mark Brooks
Vehicle painted by:  Seth Amsden

Iraqi Group Leader
Eureka Miniatures

Iraqi Group Leader
Eureka Miniatures

Iraqi Army/Republican Guard Group #1
Eureka Miniatures

Iraqi Army/Republican Guard Group #1
Eureka Miniatures

Iraqi Army/Republican Guard Group #2
Eureka Miniatures

Iraqi Army/Republican Guard Group #2
Eureka Miniatures

Iraqi BMP-2
HLBS

Iraqi BMP-2
HLBS

Iraqi Insurgents (or Saddam Fedayeen)

These figures are a mix of Empress Miniatures and Spectre Miniatures.  Mark did an outstanding job here on these guys.

Figures painted by:  Mark Brooks

Insurgent Leader
Empress Miniatures

Insurgent Leader
Empress Miniatures

Insurgents Group #1
Empress Miniatures
(The figure in the red pants I think is Radio Dishdash Taliban)

Insurgents Group #1
Empress Miniatures

Insurgents Group #2
Empress Miniatures

Insurgents Group #2
Empress Miniatures

Insurgent Leader
Empress Miniatures

Insurgent Leader
Empress Miniatures

Insurgent Group #3
Empress Miniatures
(Guy on the left is Radio Dishdash)

Insurgent Group #3
Empress Miniatures
(Guy on the left is Radio Dishdash)

Insurgent Group #4
Spectre Miniatures

Insurgent Group #4
Spectre Miniatures

Insurgent Group #5
Spectre Miniatures

Insurgent Group #5
Spectre Miniatures

Insurgent Recoilless Rifle Team
Eureka Miniatures

Insurgent Recoilless Rifle Team
Eureka Miniatures

I'll be doing separate posts for my USMC, British Army and for a friends Taliban and US Army collections.  I'm going to be adding more insurgents to my collection - specifically 2-3 more groups and another leader.  I'd also like to get some more RPGs mixed into the groups.  I have more Iraqi vehicles back from Seth -- I'm just putting the finishing touches on those before posting the pictures of those up.  I had finished up the BMP-2 for my game last weekend so I figured why not included it in these pictures.  I also have US vehicles done as well (again, doing the finishing touches).  So lots of eye candy coming in the next week or so.

3 comments:

  1. That's some really nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Those are SWEEEEEET!!!!! I just ordered the same troops for my Iraqi Republican Guard. What colors did you use for your Iraqi Troops???

    ReplyDelete