Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Article In Wargames Illustrated

This month's issue of Wargames Illustrated has the first article I've ever written and had published in a magazine.  I wrote the article for Galleys, Guns & Glory!

Funny story - after a long *crappy* day at work I arrive home to find the latest issue of WI.  Horray!  I was aware that the article would be published this month so I flipped to the first page ... only to see they messed up my name and put Jay Smith ... the perfect end to the perfect day!  I chuckled ... what else can you do.  Oh well, now I have a funny story about the first time I had something published!

Anyways, if you are so inclined, check out the article.  Special thanks to Thomas Foss (AKA Wooden Wars, AKA Mr. Skull & Crown) for creating a fun game, awesome models and for providing some pictures and rules layouts for WI to use in the article.

Update:  The magazine for some reason decided to credit me with having written the rules for some reason ... which is incorrect.  Thomas Foss created all things Galleys, Guns & Glory ... I just wrote the article.

Check out the latest Wargames Illustrated
for my Galleys, Guns & Glory article.

I'm all ready for my first modern game for Iraq this weekend ... battle report forthcoming after the game on Sunday.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Hopefully they'll credit you in the next issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation to the article Mr Smith ;)

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks! I was hoping for Mr. Black ;-)

      Delete
    2. It ain´t to bad Jay, Could have been Mr Pink...

      But your cover as a wargamer are now blown, as you and the Mrs apperantly are secret agent... Mr. & Mrs. Smith ;)

      http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/35901/p35901_p_v7_af.jpg

      Delete
    3. lol!!! Didn't think about that ;-)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations.

    My first ever article was also written after a crappy day at work - it is a good incentive.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... I hoping to try one after a good day at work just to see the difference ;-)

      Delete
  4. Many congrats.
    I read your article last weekend. Very interesting.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Man, you got your issue early!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! Lots of other great stuff in the issue on skirmish gaming. Man, you are a machine with the Frost Grave terrain ... I don't know how you get it all done so quickly!!! :-)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Jay! Bummer about the name, but here is your glass half full thought, at least now you'll be in a future issue with apologies, so ultimately in W.I. twice :)
    *for now anyways :) *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor - glass half full indeed :-) I really just laugh about it at the end of the day ... I don't get to attached to that stuff ;-)

      Delete