Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Project: Siege of Vicksburg Update #4

Hello everyone - another quick project update today.  Everything that I need has now arrived which means I can see how things fit together and really start making progress on the terrain elements.

I was able to mock up the table - pictures below ... need to cut the foam for the ridge/hill.





I've also started basing the first waves of new units.  More to come but at least things are getting on bases now.  I was also able to finish off the ships with flags and the guns.







I thought long about the observation balloon.  I have a large (long) vice grip that I combined with some PVA piping.  This created a harness that I could hang the balloon from.  This is also very easy to store.  I used fishing line to hang the balloon.



I've started assembly of the siege guns for both sides.  The TA Miniatures guns are excellent - very impressive models!




So progress on multiple fronts.  The holidays are a blessing and a curse for projects ... I get some time to work on them but I have to clean up multiple times as we host dinners/parties.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Dude that is coming along fantastically! I am happy to paint one figure, but this blows me away! Great job staying the course.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! I love the ironclads especially. I have one of them and i'm struggling to figure out how i'm going to paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, I love those ships! Including the air ship!

    ReplyDelete