Sunday, October 25, 2015

General Update - 10/25/2015

Hello all!

Well, as I mentioned before, this is my busy time at work and this year has been no exception.  I have one conference down and one more to go, but things are starting to settle a bit.  That being said, I do have some time between now and my next trip to get some pictures taken and perhaps one or two posts up here.

I have two complete brigades for ACW I need to photograph - which I may attempt to get done at some point today.  There is another Union infantry brigade and some cavalry in progress.  I also have another wave of Robotech RPG tactics stuff getting painted.  My modern project also continues - this next week I should have Iraqi vehicles back and I'll have a large group of insurgents and Iraqi Republican Guard back soon as well.  It is times like these that I'm happy to leverage painting services so progress can be made even when I don't have the time.  I've had several packages arrive with ACW terrain I'll be working on between now and the end of the year.

DundraCon approaches this February and I was thinking of running a Normandie beach landing game using my new beach landing mat (Omaha beach) from Terrain Mat (see image below).

Omaha Beach mat from Terrain Mat

I already have all the necessary miniatures to run this game.  I just need to make some bunkers and build the beach obstacles and such (all of which I have).  I also have several landing craft from Corsec Engineering to paint up.

I've also picked up a large green steppes mat and a gunfighter mat from Terrain Mat as well.  I'll use the Gunfighter mat for my Dead Man's Hand games (picture below of the Gunfigher mat).  The green steppes mat can be combined with my beach landing mat.  I need to go buy more blue foam to put under the mat to make the ridges and hills.

Gunfighter mat from Terrain Mat

So, even thought I've been busy with work there has been progress on several fronts.  Last, but not least, my ACW ruleset I think is just about ready.  I have some final edits to do through but it has come a long way from the beginning.  I'm looking for playing more games using that system moving forward (as well as adapting it for Napoleonic's).

No comments:

Post a Comment