Tuesday, November 17, 2020

AWI Guilford Courthouse Progress: Part 2

Just a quick post today.

Incremental progress as I switch back-and-forth between AWI and LOTR work.  I've made a little more progress on the crown forces for Guilford Courthouse.

First up is the Hessian regiment Von Bose.




In the same brigade with the Von Bose regiment is the 71th Highlanders.



I'm really happy with both units (28mm Perry Miniatures).  I'm continuing my progress on the crown forces with more British foot units forthcoming.  I also have to paint up some artillery which I hope to do soon.

16 comments:

  1. Great work! My AWI Germans are all Perry too. Superb figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both units are sweet, but the von Bose I really like. Nice work on tartans as well, not a fun painting thing to do.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have a special place in my heart for Hessian troops. :-)

      Delete
  3. These really are beautifully units 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking toys Jay.
    Two of my favourites troop types from the American War of Independence... lovely uniforms and lovely standards.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, can't go wrong with Hessians and Highlanders :-)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic stuff Jay! You've done a great job on the flags too 😀
    Are you using tin foil in between the paper to help with the "waving" effect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Ivor! For ghe flags, just paper and white glue. I get it first wrapped around tge pole and stuck together flat/lined up. Then I usethe handle of a paint brush and wrap the flag around it to get the curves. A little bit of manipulation with my big fat fingers finishes it off.

      Delete