Monday, November 9, 2020

AWI Guilford Courthouse Progress: Part 1

 I'm alternating between basing LOTR units and AWI units at the moment.

My current plan is to be playing AWI by early December, if not sooner - depending on my progress.  I have my entire AWI collection on bases now, with all flags and other "final stuff" done.  Now on to the sanding, painting, static grassing and tufting.

I've separated out the specific forces I need for my Guilford Courthouse game and I've started finishing the basing for those units first.  You'll see a series of posts coming as I complete those units.

First up, some American and British officers, British light infantry, and dismounted British Legion cavalry.

Took the pictures with my phone ... so nothing special, but good enough.





I'm working on my Hessian Von Bose unit and a couple of British foot units that I Hope to have done shortly.  More to come!

20 comments:

  1. Very nice work indeed - what figure range are these from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting and basing! Well done! What rule set are you going to use them for?

    Best wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My homegrown AWI rules ... called Liberty or Death ... I have a common base system I use for AWI, Napoleonics and ACW.

      Delete
    2. I would be interested in seeing them. Do they take inspiration from any other rule set?

      Delete
    3. I'll be posting them up soon'ish ... just need to finish a few updates. They are in line with my Empires at War and This Hallowed Ground rules. A long time ago I'd say they drew inspiration from Black Powder and Bolt Action, but they've changed and matured a lot since those early days years ago.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done! I love the Rev war uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid work. I like how you painted faces, they are crisp and colorful. I'm starting envy a bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely generals and units, especially on those great bases. I hope that you do get to do a game by December as I'd love to see the photos!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking like Guilford Courthouse in early December ... lot's of pictures for sure :-)

      Delete