Monday, November 16, 2020

Middle Earth Battles: Basing Progress

Don't recall if I shared this part --- I received my customer markers for the game.  I'll be getting some more, but for now they cover Rohan, Gondor, Isengard and Mordor.  Each marker is double-sided and tracks from 1-10 and 11-20.  These are from the very excellent Historique shop.

I've made good progress on getting my Isengard army onto the bases for Middle Earth Battles.  Still lots more to do.  Man I hate metal Wargs ... they are the worst (heavy model + 1 paw contacting the base).  The combination of super glue and Testors plastic cement continues to be excellent at securing the models to the bases.

His excellency Mr. Dake of the Steve has absolutely blown through painting a bunch of Uruk-hai troops and sent me a "first wave" which I jumped on basing.  I have also rebased some of the units I had painted earlier.














I still have many units to do (more warriors, pikes, scouts, siege troops, feral Uruk-hai, etc.).  Also, the most excellent Steve Dake is hard at work on the Dunlending units :-)

Managed to stick the fellowship on a base as well ...

Here is some crappy pictures of the growing horde ...



That's it for now - still alternating between LOTR and AWI basing.

16 comments:

  1. Those look great, Steve is the man! He did an awesome job on my Modern Afghan stuff a few years back. Every time I see your stuff I want to go out and buy these models, but I have too many other projects that I have to do. Must resist the light...

    Keep on keepin on Jay

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... I've been distracted by many squirrels over the years due to various people posted pictures of stuff that inspired me :-) Stay on target! Thanks Kevin!

      Delete
  2. A fine mustering there, sir. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing impressiveness , certainly sticking metals figures to those clear bases can’t be easy 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, metal ... not so fun ... but not all that bad as it helps that they GW minis use slots, so not much to cut away from the feet.

      Delete
  4. Very nice work. Growing beautifully Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clear basing looks fantastic; very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see your hordes of models I'm exactly like Grima looking out over the same with a tear running down his cheek 😂
    Just brilliant as always mate! If I can ever get motivated to update my blog again I have a bit of LOTR stuff I've managed to complete over the last few months myself - certainly no where near your insane levels, but something nonetheless lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo ... I figured you gave up gaming!! ;-) Great to see you back online - AND you did some LOTR minis?!

      Delete
  7. Very impressive Jay...
    You have even got me tempted 😲😂

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Those GW minis are $$$! I've been fortunate enough to have been sitting on most of these figures for many long years :-)

      Delete