Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Rebels and Patriots: French and Indian War Game

This past weekend we headed over to Dan Kerricks place for a FIW game using the Rebels and Patriots rules from Osprey.  I played on the French side, running a few units of regulars, some marines, and a unit of natives.

The scenario was a meeting engagement with both sides needing to secure the two bridges over the river.  For once my dice actually rolled average!  I managed to take the bridge on my side of the table (right side, away from the village) and send the British packing.  Things were more even on the left flank, but once I broke through the result was a foregone conclusion.  French victory.

I was embroiled in the action and only got pictures really at the start of the game.  The rules are decent and we played fhrough the whole afair in about 3 hours.

16 comments:

  1. Nice setup and I like the second photo with close up of Indians.


    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had taken more pictures ... just completely blanked.

      Delete
  2. Very nice looking setup. French and Indian War is my favorite period, which is appropriate as I live it the St. Lawrence River Valley. I've played with Rebels and Patriots several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in Nova Scotia - visited Louisburg and all the forts around Halifax on a regular basis. Always enjoyed reading about and playing FIW games.

      Delete
  3. That's a very nice looking table, with excellent, very realistic ground cover. Dan deserves cudos. It seems your group has set a high standard, which benefits all, as this leads everyone, even us kibbitzers, to improve. Rock on, men! What's next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, you are funny Steve! Next ... Samurai stuff ... medieval ... hoping to see/play Agincourt by the end of the year :-)

      Delete
  4. Dan sets a great looking table. Now I am really sorry I missed the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Please keep me on the guest list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who makes those FIW miniatures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark, they are mostly Conquest Miniatures (sold by Warlord Games), with some from Galloping Major (Canadian militia), civilians from Perry Miniatures AWI range, British light infantry from Redoubt Enterprises.

      Delete
  7. Great stuff Jay! That's a really impressive table and setup 😀
    How do you like R&P compared to Muskets and Tomahawks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Ivor! I think R&P support a larger game ... M&T really breaks down when you either have more than 2 players or a game involving more than a skirmish on a 3x3 or 4x4 table.

      Delete